Sunday 16 December 2012

Who knows what this is?

Here is a portrait of an inclusion in one of the easy peasy ice creams featured in my eBook - my cat and I used to be quite partial to this stuff but that's not much of a clue!  Any ideas?  See end of this post for the answer.


The recipe using this mystery ingredient is in the chapter headed Savoury, Interesting and Peculiar which also includes such delights as Cracked Black Pepper Ice Cream (lovely with strawberries), Werther’s Original Crunch and delicious Blue Cheese Ice Cream which I like to serve drizzled with honey - like this ...


I don't, however, normally serve it on a piece of wrapping paper as in this photo.  Having made the ice cream I was at a loose end for an appropriate dish for the picture and, as it happens, I am rather pleased with the result. Artistic or what!

If you would like to read more please go Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com and have a 
or download a sample.  I promise you that this is a really easy way to make excellent ice cream, if you are at all dubious try the Maple Syrup Ice Cream, the first recipe in the first chapter; Very, Very Easy Ice Creams.  I think you'll be impressed.  Here is some served with sugared walnuts.



Reviews

I am proud to have received the following two reviews on amazon.com ie. from the Americas.



Answer

Popping Candy aka Space Dust - I had an unusual cat!