Friday 15 February 2013

Both Aaaaaargh and Phew!

I am just about ready to send the corrected proofs of 'The Leftovers Handbook' off to my publishers.  That was hard work, I can tell you.


Writing the book was mostly done at a pretty even pace, I didn't shirk but then again I didn't rush. Working through the proofs was done to a deadline and there seemed so much to do!  This is my first book and I hadn't realised what this stage would involve.  I'm learning lots and next time (!) I shall be more prepared.

Because there was more editing to do than expected at this late stage the publishing date has been put back, tentatively, to May although I think it still hoped to get it out before then so, of course, I'll let you know!

Now I am going to have some of these ...


... because I'm worth it (and knackered).


Cheers and good night

Suzy Bowler