Tuesday 19 February 2013

Two Questions about writing style and reviews

Does anyone have any ideas how to gently encourage readers to put a review on Amazon?  As you may know I have self published a couple of ebooks and initially made them both available for free in the hope that would get the word out. 

Lush Ice Cream was downloaded for free about 1,700 times and 219 Tips nearly 3,000, a handful of each have been borrowed by Prime members and both have sold a few copies for small amounts of money (£2.25 and 77p respectively).  So out of say 6,000 readers I got 20 reviews (and one said my style is condescending - me, the sweetest new food writer ever to live on this side of the road in my village! What do you think; am I condescending?). 

In keeping with other ebooks I have read, at the end of 219 Tips I have asked people to review on Amazon but with very little result.  Has anyone any ideas?

Talking of book reviews - see here where I review "Breakfast for Dinner" by Lindsay Landis and her husband Taylor Hackbarth. 


Lovely weather down here by the way - my friend Carol and I actually had coffee sitting outside in the sun in Padstow yesterday and there is blackthorn all over the place.  The pictures not very clear but the blue bit in the background is Padstow harbour.

If you have any answers to either of my dilemmas please leave a comment.

Thank you

Suzy Bowler