Wednesday 5 June 2013

Surely it's time for ice cream now, isn't it?

Lavender Honey Ice Cream
I have been concentrating so hard on my Leftovers book I had almost forgotten my ebook, "Lush Ice Cream without a Machine - or much time, or effort or having to mash the stuff as it freezes" but now, with the weather so much improved, it has somehow sprung to mind again.

I wrote Lush Ice Cream having seen how many homemade ice cream books there are on the market, often involving complicated methods and expensive ice cream machines.  I felt it would be shame not to pass on this undemanding but excellent recipe

Cherry Ice Cream Sandwich
In the book I give over 100 ice cream recipes plus lots of others for accompaniments, inclusions and serving idea.  For more details and photos see the tab at the top of the page or go here and have yourself a "Look Inside".  At only £2.25 it's about the price of a tub of ice cream in the supermarket and I am sure it will give you more pleasure.

Peach Melba Ice Cream from Leftover Fruit
The thing I hadn't realised is that this recipe is superb for using up leftovers - raw and cooked fruit, broken biccies, cake crumbs, crushed meringues, leftover sauces and "unwanted" chocolate.  Bonus!